Friday, August 7, 2009

Model A Ford gas gauge and motor mount


I don't know when exactly I fell in love with Model A Fords, I do know one of the reasons why. Their simple design make them fun to work on and drive. The gas tank is directly in front of the dash and the gauge goes straight into the tank. This picture is after I replaced the lens, float (a cork), gaskets and polished the brass nuts that hold it together. With just under 1/4 tank of gas, I was able to complete this without worrying about fuel leaking out. I did purchase the wrench set that fits the inter and outer nuts to make the process easier. For less than $7, it was well worth it to get it loose without damaging the nuts.



The motor mount like the gas gauge is truly simple. It consists of a Y shaped yoke attached to the motor and basically 3 springs to allow it to flex. My front mount had been replaced with the rubber block type supports and I wanted to use the original set-up. With a floor jack placed under the front of the motor and raising the radiator, the installation was easy.




A few more items complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment