Saturday, August 22, 2009

Model A Ford Seat covers and contentment...


I purchased the material to cover the seat and door panels while I was out shopping today. It'll be a while before I'm ready to redo the interior but I thought I'd get it while I was there. Although I'm "restoring" the truck, I decided to use a tan/beige material instead of the stock black. I have to give it some personality.

My father passed away last year. He was always a gentleman and a very good man. The best word I can use to describe my dad is content. He was content with his life as a husband and father. He went to work, and when he wasn't there, he was with his family. We went fishing, hunting, motorcycle riding, vacations, weekend trips and all manor of things. Some of those things didn't include my mother, naturally. On those occasions I can still hear him telling her, "the boys and I are going...." and it would include when we would return and usually that we'd all go out to eat afterwards. He was definitely content.

That brings me back to the truck that I'm "restoring". The descriptions of my old cars have always included words like chopped, dropped, filled, lowered and often "small block Chevy". I've never been content with them being original until now. The Apostle Paul said in Philippians 4:11 for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. Maybe I've learned or it could just be that I'm getting older, but I'm content to drive around in this original truck with a top speed of about 45 mph, but the interior is going to be beige.....

No comments:

Post a Comment